Monday, July 13, 2015

Weekly Update: Swim Meet Recap

Aquadawgs!

Thanks for a great meet on Saturday. I saw a lot of swimmers improve times. I also know that I handed out a lot of DQ warning sheets. I was probably the most diligent coach, compared to the other teams, about handing these out to our swimmers. But I felt like the only way to be fair about it was to hand them out to every infraction that I saw. That being said I think our swimmers will remember that and take that into practice and out next meet. If you got a DQ sheet make sure to talk to your swimmers about it. Deb likes to always say..."if you get a DQ slip you get to go to DQ (Dairy Queen) and talk about why you got it!" It seems like a good idea to me and can be something for parents to consider.

If you have any concerns, questions, or comments about the DQ slips please let me know in an email.


The meet results can be found here.

The ribbons will be delayed because we ran out of ribbons but we have ordered more and will get them out as soon as we can.

Also it was a lot of fun to do the relay at the meet. Here is the video footage if you missed it!

YMCA Aquadawg Coaches Relay



This week we have another meet at our YMCA. This will be the last meet for the season at our home pool. The sign up sheet can be found here. Please sign up no later than Thursday July 16th with the correct information. The confusion at meets is generated by people signing up late and with the wrong information. Please help me make my job a little smoother at swim meets! :)

This week swimmers are going to be working with some face paced interval swimming as well as speed.

FYI Coach Emily is out of town this week and next so I will be running High School and Advanced practice on my own and Coach Morgan will be helping me out with intermediate and beginner.

Here is a video that talks about the science of swimming. 


Go Aquadawgs!

Coach Alisha
alisha.maxwell@vosymca.org

No comments:

Post a Comment