Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Update #7: Season Wrap Up

Aquadawgs!

Thanks for another great week of practice! We are nearing the end of our season...can you believe this is our last week of practice!

As we come to the conclusion of our season don't forget:

  1. SIGN UPS: sign ups for our next season (October 14-December 21) are going on NOW! There are limited spots so sign up ASAP...and I promise THE POOL IS HEATED! :)
  2. SWIM MEET: October 4th is our final meet of the season. Bring your meet form to me (Coach Alisha) by Thursdays practice. Remember you can only swim 4 events. 
This last week at practice was probably our toughest one yet. I really pushed a lot of our swimmers this week. During this week I was looking out for swimmers who were excelling as I pushed them. I also introduced swimmers to stuff they might learn in the group above them to see how they handled it. I did this because I wanted to see what swimmers might be ready to move up a group. This last week gave me a great feel for where all our swimmers are at. Feel free to ask me if your child should stay in the same group or move up for next season. But do keep in mind, swim team is not swim lessons. Children are expected to be in the same group for multiple seasons and possibly a few years. That is normal. Moving up usually happens with not only improvement but also age. 

Beginner group worked on Backstroke and introductory flip turn work.

Intermediate group worked on IMs and did some harder more challenging sets with intervals.

Advanced group did some intense freestyle workouts. A special shout out to this group, they endured some of the most challenging workouts I have ever written for the Aquadawgs. They handled it well and felt very accomplished, tired, hungry and sore after...as they should have. GREAT JOB to this group I was very impressed. 

Also thanks to Ingelise & Katie for attending the high school swim meet this week. It was fun to watch the high school swimmers and talk about swimming. 

Here are some pictures from the high school meet this week to show just how much fun we had. (Most of these pictures were posted on Instagram follow us @ymcaaquadwags)






There is another DV meet on Wednesday against Hamilton. It is at the Nozomi Aquatic Center from 4-6pm.

Lastly, here is an article Coach Deb posted on my Facebook this week. It is a good read especially going into our final meet! Read it here

Coach Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment