Saturday, November 29, 2014

Weekly Update: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Thanks for another great week Aquadawgs!

This week I am grateful to have a job where I get to work with awesome swimmers and their families. You guys are the reason I love what I do!

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving.

Here is an article on 15 reasons to be thankful for swimming.

This week swimmers swam the TURKEY swim.

T--turns
U--underwater
R--race (turkey race)
K--kick
E--every stroke (IM)
Y--yards/YMCA

It was lots of fun and we burned some calories so we could eat up on Thursday.

Important Info:

  • Check out the holiday gift guide for great gift ideas for Aqaudawgs!
  • Next swim meet is our next swim meet is Saturday December 13th at 7:00am the Ahwatukee YMCA. Please have your meet forms to me by Thursday December 11th
  • Our last day of practices will be Tuesday December 16th and Wednesday December 17th. We will be doing the 12 days of Christmas swim for our final practice.
    • If swimmers would like, we are thinking about making shirts that say: "I survived the 12 days of Christmas swim". Swimmers would have to pay $10 for these shirts. If you like this idea send me an email (alisha.maxwell@vosymcaa.org) saying you want us to make shirts. If we get enough interest we are going to go through with it, if not we will just do the swim for fun.
  • PLEASE remember to dress warm for practice. Sweatshirts, sweatpants, beanies, and warm shoes are encouraged. Being cold after practice is not good. Please dress warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment